Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

One Hour, Two Soups


Thursday, 2 September, 2010
A few weeks back I made soup - it went to a friend who'd just had a baby, and another friend with a baby. I ate a bowl-ful of each too.


I discovered that I should do bulk soup more often. It took me an hour in the kitchen to create 2 fabulous soups...Irish Chicken Soup and Seafood Chowder (which is really just a soup as its not thick like a true chowder). These are 2 of my absolute favourite soups and they also happen to be quite easy to make.


Chop, chop, chop went the big knife. Into the pot went the veges. Steam rose as things simmered. The smells pervaded my home.


I came back later after they had cooled, to pull chicken off the carcas and add the yoghurt and egg yolk for the chicken soup, the milk for the seafood one, and put everything into containers and rinse out the pots.

All in all, a very satisfying hour's work. Now, if only there was more room in my freezer I could do another 'two soups, 1 hour' session...


Amy

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Those sound yummy :-) Great work!
Blessings
M