Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Colours of the Rainbow

One of the things I love about knitting peggy squares is the different colour combinations that are available for each new square! I am so loving this 'random' blanket - each new square is like starting a whole new project, complete with its visual design and creative planning.



Here are a couple more recent projects!




I have been busy starting to crochet some rows together, now that I am over halfway through the knitting phase of the blanket. I find it amusing that I have tended to struggle with long term projects in other areas of my life, yet here I am, year after year, finishing a full blanket each year! I think it is that I don't need to find 3hours of free time in order to accomplish something. 10 minutes is enough for me to sense the satisfaction of progress made, because even if I've only done a few rows I can SEE that I've done a few more rows! Then when I finish a square, I get to tuck in all the ends and add it to the pile of collecting squares. Each stage is a milestone in itself. A row. A square. A pile of squares. Crocheting a row together. Then all the rows to each other. Crocheting round the edges. A finished blanket! Each part has a completion about it, that allows me to enjoy a sense of purpose and achievement, and that spurs me towards completing more.



Amy



Wednesday, 27th April, 2011

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done - again - I am looking forward to seeing just how the blanket looks when it is all together.
Blessings
M