Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Death of the Slippers



My old slippers have died. I've been trying to hold them together for the past few months, hoping to get just a little bit more wear out of them. I got these when we first returned to NZ, so they've lasted me almost 2 years....if you don't count the 6 months where the soles have been slowly pulling away from the foot! They finally fell off completely last week. I have discovered that slippers simply aren't the same without a sole! What's the point of warm ankles if your feet are freezing!?



I'm now waiting (rather impatiently) for my new slippers to arrive. I'm getting some ugg boots...genuine sheepskin this time after frustration over sweaty, cold feet in these synthetic ones. I had sheepskin ones before these - they lasted around 10 years of almost daily use and I pretty much loved them to death! I am hoping that my new ones will have the same durability!


Now, any ideas on how I could re-purpose the soles of my old ones? It seems a waste to just throw them out but I'm stumped for what else they could be used for!


Amy


Thursday, 28th April, 2011

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

They have finally collapsed :-)!!! Sorry, no ideas of re purposing.
Blessings
M