Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

What Can You See?

Here is our front garden on a nice sunny day earlier this week.
Serene and peaceful, wouldn't you think? Needs a bit more weeding, which is what I'd just been doing down in front of the spikey plant to the left. Now look a little closer. What can you see?

Closer.

Oh, and here's the other spikey plant...
They do look rather beautiful. Fortunately for me, they were rather dozy and more interested in creating their nests in the gentle morning sunshine than in the silly human's head that got rather close. We bought flyspray. Wasps are about the only thing I will use flyspray on (nasty, chemical stuff, stinks and is not good for our world at all, so usually we just use a flyswat if we really need to kill something)...Boyo did try using a shoe on these instead first, but they were a bit hard to get at. I do feel a little mean killing the wasps, as they are simply living their own lives and minding their own business. I'm sure they must fulfill necessary jobs in the grand scheme of things (such as parasiting other bugs maybe?), but I personally feel rather uncomfortable being anywhere near a wasp, let alone having two nests right by my front door. So it was bye-bye wasps. I am now checking plants before I get too close, just in case any of their friends have similar plans.
Amy
Saturday, 16th October, 2010

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness - better to get them early than huge!! I think I would have got the flyspray onto them too!!
Blessings
M