It is with great pleasure that I announce I have FINALLY finished blanket #6 for Operation Cover Up!!!!!!!!!
Here it is:
I ended up using twisty orange wool around the edges as I'd run out of white. I rather like the quirky touch it adds and kind of wish I'd used it instead of the white on the rest of the joining. This is not my favourite blanket. It has taken about 2 years to complete, due to moving, having a baby, and studying (I knitted other squares while this wool was in boxes). I only chose these colours because that's what was available when I was starting the blanket, and I've had so much trouble with the pattern, having to change it several times. But regardless, a child somewhere is going to think this blanket is just marvelous. It will keep them warm on snowy nights. They will be able to snuggle up and remember that somewhere, far away, someone loved them enough to knit a blanket just for them. That is what matters, really. I am so glad to be finished. I have been knitting a few odd squares for my next blanket, but now I can finally let myself get involved in it...in what time I do have available at any rate. My next blanket is going to be a random (as in, random squares, no pattern and no set colours, other than what I have been given to work with already). I've had enough of patterns for now. Grin.
I am really quite chuffed with myself for finishing such a big project, and despite so many set backs and other things claiming my attention.
Sunday, 9th January, 2011