Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Meatless (Monday) Friday!

My routines have been somewhat disrupted by Muchkin's arrival. I don't remember the last time I did a Meatless Monday properly. I think it was quite a few weeks before I headed into hospital, as I got progressively more and more tired. As a good indication, yesterday I went grocery shopping. I managed to forget the eggs, bread and brewers yeast...somehow they didn't end up getting onto the shopping list! Each day is kind of merging into the one before and the one after in a blur of bottles, breastfeeding, changing, nappies, washing, cuddles, and more.

Anyway, today is not Monday. I might not be very clued up at present, but I do know that. Today is Friday. But hey, why should that stop us?!? Today we are having a Meatless Friday. I have a big pot of vegetable soup simmering away on the stove. It contains leek, potato, onion, garlic, carrot, kumara, celery, silverbeet, and some fresh thyme, rosemary and marjoram. Smells good. With it, we will also have some boiled eggs and toast.
Done. One meatless meal coming right up.

Amy

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hmmm - sounds good - we had a pot of leek, potato and celery soup with onions and garlic and ginger over the past two days :-) It really is soup weather!!
Blessings
M
p.s. when you come over you can grab some leeks for your pot!!