Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nearly Finished

While I was in hospital before Munchkin's birth I finished off the last 4 squares needed for my current Cover Up blanket.

56 squares in total. 4,480 rows. 179,200 stitches. Around $180NZ worth of wool. 1 year's worth of tv adverts, random moments snatched here and there, and contemplation time.

Whew!


Now I just need to crochet all the squares together. I'm not quite sure when I'll get to that...there hasn't exactly been much free time lately (I'm even reduced to typing this one handed while the other is holding the baby!). I do at least have until August to get the blanket ready for shipping in this year's batch. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the feeling of satisfaction in reaching the milestone of 56 squares all finished.

Amy

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

That is one stunning blanket - love way you have traveled from one colour to the next via the stripes.

I would volunteer to make it up but there are lotsof other projects that need to be done, including a 2-ply shawl..........

blessings
M

Crafty Belle said...

Wow just goes to show how much can be done in the adverts and how much time potentially could be wasted over the space of a year. That is truely an impressive effort especially when you see how many stitches you have done!

Amy said...

Yep, it is impressive when it is all added up. Yet at the time, I just do one more row...followed invariably by one more row...it is a little addictive!