Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Free Rice - June

Well, June was definitely a quieter month on the Free Rice front than May!  I managed 1,990 grains.  Which probably means it was busier in other areas of my life (like studying for exams, perhaps?!).

It doesn't feel like much at all, but I have to remind myself that even if I manage to get someone who is hungry just one bowl of rice, that one bowlful will make a difference in their life.  Not only does it fill their belly, but it also tells them that someone out here cares enough about their desperate situation to do something to help.  So onward we go.

Amy

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

not only is someone grateful for another bowl of rice, your vocab has no doubt increased too :-)
Blessings
M

Amy said...

You are right! I am learning new words, and guessing meanings, and having a good time in the process.