I did some more work on the chook cage yesterday. Borrowed my dad's cordless drill, which is a bit of a gutless wonder (charge for three hours, use for 10mins were his instructions and fairly accurate - but then my arms need about the same so no worries!). This at least means I don't have to find money to buy one for myself just yet. I managed to get the sides screwed on. I then spent some time pondering the nest box/perch area and just what order to screw all the next bits on in. And also that I've managed to get the size a bit wrong for the ply on the nest - need to get that adjusted by Dad sometime in the coming weeks.
I am making much slower progress than I hoped. With muscles already sore from carrying Munchkin and doing housekeeping, I am finding I can only manage a small amount of drilling before my arms give out. Not that I have much time available anyway. At least I have allowed myself lots of extra time, in starting now. Hopefully I can just get it all finished by September so I can get my chookies then!